Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Adding touches...


As Kevin and I get more and more settled into our new living space I have taken it upon myself to add cheap but creative touches to our apartment. I had a gift certificate to Anthropolgie and found these super cute letters to hang on the wall.

I used a K and an M for us and put them on our kitchen wall. We painted our walls a unique color. Much like this....
So if you can imagine, the letters above, on green walls, look awesome! I also found curtains to hang in the door opening from our living room to kitchen that add a nice Bohemian touch. I pulled them back by placing those 3M hooks horizontally on either side of the doorway to hold back the curtains. I got the kind that look like brushed stainless steel.
Our bedroom had very cheap plastic mini-blinds that let in sooo much sunlight in the morning. I sleep so hard that often I wouldn't even notice but soon I started to notice a little more and Kevin was really bothered by it. It truly made sleeping in...nearly impossible. So I found these awesome, cheap curtains at Target for $10 each!
All in all things are coming together...slowly, but surely. Try your hand at your own creative devices and re-decorate on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment